WOOD.BE is looking for an auditor in Chain of Custody (m/f/x)
WOOD.BE is the knowledge centre for the woodworking and furniture industry. We support the companies in this industry in their efforts to realise an innovative and sustainable future. In order to achieve this goal we develop activities in the field of technological research, innovation, certification, testing, standardisation, safety, etc.
We are based in the centre of Belgium (Anderlecht/Brussels). In order to sustain the growth of our certification activities, we are currently looking for an auditor in Chain of Custody (CoC).
You follow the evolution of standards (FSC®, PEFCTM) in the field of CoC closely.
You are able to interpret these standards accurately and you implement them in the companies of the woodworking industry.
You will spend most of your time (around 60%) in the field, auditing companies according to the FSC (FSC® A000508) and/or PEFC (PEFC/07-4-01) standards.
You can organize your other tasks – such as finish your audit reports, communicate with clients by mail or phone, plan your audits, perform desk research, review audit reports from colleagues, trademark approval, … – in a combination of office work and telework.
You participate in team meetings, such as the weekly certification committee.
You respect your own deadlines and you monitor closely whether the companies that you audit respect their deadlines, too.
You are reporting to the Certification Manager of WOOD.BE.
- You have a master degree related to forest based industries (e.g. bioscience engineer) and a minimum of 3 years full time experience in the forest based industries or a bachelor degree related to forest based industries and a minimum of 4 years full time experience in the forest based industries.
- Professional experience in auditing is a clear advantage. Training will also be provided along with guidance from the other auditors of the certification team.
- You have the necessary personal characteristics it takes to be an auditor: ethical, open-minded, diplomatic, collaborative, observant, perceptive, versatile, tenacious, decisive, self-reliant, professional, responsible, etc.
- You are well organized and efficient in time management, prioritisation and planning. You are
precise and punctual.
- You are bilingual (Dutch/French or French/Dutch) and you have a good knowledge of English (language of official documents).
- You have a good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, …).
We are offering you:
- a job as a CoC auditor (5/5 or 4/5);
- a competitive salary that is relative to your competences and experience;
- extra benefits such as meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalization insurance, etc.;
- tools such as a company car, laptop computer, smartphone;
- a lot of direct and interesting contacts within the woodworking industry;
- the possibility to further develop your skills and competences within a flexible organisation;
- membership of our small (28 people) team with the right spirit and an open minded culture.