WOOD.BE is looking for an auditor in Chain of Custody (m/f)
WOOD.BE is the knowledge centre for the woodworking and furniture industry. We support the companies in this industry as much as possible in their efforts to realise an innovative and sustainable future. In order to achieve this goal we develop activities in the field of technological research, innovation, certification, testing, standardisation, safety, etc.
We are based in the centre of Belgium (Anderlecht/Brussels).
For our certification department we are currently looking for an auditor in Chain of Custody (CoC).
You follow the evolution of standards (FSC®, PEFCTM) in the field of CoC closely. You are able to interpret these standards and this legislation accurately and you implement them in the companies of the woodworking industry.
You will spend most of your time (60 to 80%) in the field, auditing companies according to the FSC and/or PEFC standards. You will spend the rest of your working hours in the WOOD.BE offices, where you participate in meetings, such as the weekly certification committee. You have your own office at your disposal, where you can finish your audit reports, communicate with clients by mail or phone, plan your audits, perform desk research, etc.
You respect your own deadlines and you monitor closely whether the companies that you audit respect their deadlines, too.
You are reporting to the Certification Manager of WOOD.BE.
- You have a master degree related to forest based industries (e.g. bioengineer) and a minimum of 3 years full time experience in the forest based industries
or a bachelor degree related to forest based industries and a minimum of 4 years full time experience in the forest based industries.
- You have a minimum of 3 years full time experience in the forest based industries.
- Professional experience in auditing according to FSC and/or PEFC standards is a clear advantage.
- You have the necessary personal characteristics it takes to be an auditor: ethical, open-minded, diplomatic, collaborative, observant, perceptive, versatile, tenacious, decisive, self-reliant, professional, responsible, etc.
- You are well organized and efficient in time management, prioritisation and planning. You are precise and punctual.
- You are fluent in French, Dutch (audits to be done in both languages) and English (language of official documents).
- You have a good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,… ).
We are offering you:
- a full time job as a CoC auditor;
- a competitive salary that is relative to your competences and experience;
- extra benefits such as meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalization insurance, etc.;
- tools such as a company car, laptop computer, smartphone;
- a lot of direct and interesting contacts within the woodworking industry;
- the possibility to further develop your skills and competences within a flexible organisation;
- membership of our small (25 people) team with the right spirit and an open minded culture.