WOOD.BE is looking for a Construction Engineer (m/f/x)
WOOD.BE is the knowledge centre for the woodworking and furniture industry. We support the companies in this industry in their efforts to realise an innovative and sustainable future. In order to achieve this goal, we develop activities in the field of technological research, innovation, certification, testing, standardisation, safety, etc.
We are based in the centre of Belgium (Anderlecht/Brussels).
In order to sustain the growth of our activities, we are currently looking for a construction engineer.
•Together with your colleagues of the research & innovation team, you follow and analyse the needs of the woodworking and wood construction industry closely.
•On the basis of the identified needs, you propose and elaborate research projects. When approved, you ensure the realisation of these projects in collaboration with your colleagues.
•You assist companies of the woodworking and wood construction industry in the realisation of their innovations and you help them to solve technological issues. You take care of the entire flow from quotation until delivery of the final report to the customer. You are responsible for both external communication with the customer and internal communication with the WOOD.BE research lab.
•You follow the evolution of the construction products directive, several important product standards and Eurocode 5.
•You become an expert in the field of CE-marking and other types of certification for the wood construction industry in order to support the certification department of WOOD.BE
• You have a master degree as an industrial engineer in construction or equivalent.
• You have a minimum of 3 years professional experience. Experience in the woodworking industry is a clear advantage.
• You are ethical, open-minded, diplomatic, collaborative, observant, perceptive, versatile, tenacious, decisive, self-reliant, professional and responsible.
• You are well organized and efficient in time management, prioritisation and planning. You are precise and punctual.
• You are a real problem solver and innovator.
• You are customer oriented
• You are fluent in Dutch and French and you have a good knowledge of English (language of official documents).
• You have a good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, …).
We are offering you:
• a job as a construction engineer (5/5 or 4/5);
• a competitive salary that is relative to your competences and experience;
• extra benefits such as meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalization insurance, etc.;
• tools such as a company car, laptop computer, smartphone;
• a lot of direct and interesting contacts within the woodworking industry;
• the possibility to further develop your skills and competences within a flexible organisation;
• membership of our small (26 people) team with the right spirit and an open-minded culture